Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lots going on...

It's been too long.
Let me catch you up.


I last wrote in November. So since then we've seen a lot. Christmas, obviously. Christmas was wonderful. I got to spend a significant amount of time with my family, which was incredible. I haven't been with that many family members in a very long time. so great to see everyone. My mom is a chef, and I got the opportunity to visit her restaurant and play waiter for a night. They even paid me $100!!

I'm extremely excited about the upcoming soccer season. San Antonio has a professional soccer team now, the Scorpions. We'll be playing in the NASL, which is the second division of American professional soccer. I've joined the supporters club, The Crocketteers. We have nearly 700 members. On February 11, we took a chartered bus up to Frisco, home of FC Dallas to watch/cheer on the US Womens National Team as they took on New Zealand. It was a sold out crowd of Nearly 21,000, the largest crowd for a women's sporting event in the U.S. since the 1999 World Cup finals. It was a great atmosphere to say the least. The U.S. won 2-1 on two extremely late goals by Alex Morgan in the 88th minute and again in stoppage time in the 93rd minute.

Abby Wombach glances a penalty kick off the right post in the first half.
Other than eating, sleeping and working, life is good right now. We're still loving San Antonio and life in the Alamo city.
Good Morning. Bed Head. Just like Dad.
Also, 2/13 was our puppy, Beau's 1st Birthday. Cute puppies always get good responses.

As usual, thanks for reading, Interweb.

No comments:

Post a Comment